Here are a few more (read my previous post on Bucket List here) experiences to add to your bucket list. Pick the ones that excite you –
1. Float in the Dead Sea 2. Sky Diving 3. Bungee Jumping 4. Visit the Nalanda University 5. Whitewater Rafting 6. Visit the Ram Setu 7. See the floating stones in Rameshwaram 8. Take a yatch ride in Dubai Creek 9. Walk on the Great Wall of China 10. Visit the Taj Mahal 11. Click the iconic pic in Maladives 12. Hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia 13. Take the Maid of the Mist ride at Niagara Falls 14. Watch the change of Guard @ Indo-Pak border 15. Try pushing the Krishna’s butter ball at Mahabalipuram 16. Walk thru the clouds at Cherrapunji 17. Smell the tulips in Kashmir 18. Snorkelling 19. Watch Coral Reefs 20. Walk the Strip, Las Vegas 21. Visit the Kumbh Mela 22. Trek to the Manasarovar 23. Watch the Kanchenjunga turn golden at Sunrise 24. Experience the luxury of a Cruise 25. Travel in a Limosine 26. Drive a Ferrari 27. Desert Safari 28. Visit the Chilka Lake
Here are some really fresh ideas to add zing to your bucket list and give it a meaningful twist –
(1) Travel Solo – It is always fun to travel in a group either with family or friends. But if you want to spend time with yourself and connect with your inner self then travel solo. Travel activates our senses and creates a feeling of freshness away from the mundane and the routine of day-to-day life. Travelling alone can be a very enriching experience.
(2) Have a terrace garden – and use it to cultivate essential herbs and veggies for your own kitchen. It is a daily joy to watch the plants grow and you will experience a sense of fulfilment and satisfaction when you use the produce of your own kitchen garden.
(3) Live in another country at least for an year – If you get an opportunity to relocate and stay in another country welcome it with open arms and live there for at least one full year. it is a great experience as you get to experience their culture, all the seasons of the year and take part in all the festivals of that land. It surely will expand your horizons and help you become a better person.
(4) Give back to the society – Giving only money to the charities is not what I mean. When your contribute some of your personal time and effort, and sometimes a little sweat, back to the society you will realise that it is such a humbling experience. And your heart will be filled with gratitude for the abundance in your own life.
(5) Start a Bullet Journal – Bullet journal is a shorter version of the classic journalling. In that way you get to jot down the key aspects of your life and observations with our spending too much time. Additionally it also helps you express your creativity in the form of doodles. You can search the internet for the many many ideas available and choose what suits your style.
(6) Learn a new skill – it could be a life skill like swimming or learning to give primary first-aid or CPR or it could be something you are passionate about like playing a guitar. It will boost your confidence and above all add a feather in your cap.
(7) Achieve your ideal weight – make health your priority and sign up for a fitness regime to look your best. This one thing will have multiple benefits in various aspects of your life.
(8) Run a marathon – It is a great milestone to achieve and it also helps you become a fitter version of yourself.
(9) Connect with past teachers and mentors who have had an impact on your life and thank them. Very few people actually reach out to the teachers and thank them once they have moved out of school/college even though the teachers leave a lifelong impact. Take time to Thank them.
(10) Give a heartfelt surprise to someone – We all have one or two such longings in our heart but due to various constraints we keep postponing them to the next time. You may not realise that life slips away like sand from our hand. Don’t postpone the joy.